Recipe by Elcowgirl
I got this recipe when I was in college. It was a good way to use up any leftover cooked beef that was in our fridge.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cooked beef, diced
- 4 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg or 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan; then whisk in the flour.
- Gradually add OXO beef cubes which have been dissolved in the boiling water. Stir until thickened.
- Add meat and vegetables except the peas. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Stir in the peas and add the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook until the peas are heated through.