Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my dearest friends shared her mother's recipe with me for this tasty, lightly honey flavored popcorn. It is very easy and makes for a nice snack, especially enjoyed by children. Please only use freshly popped unseasoned popcorn - this really doesn't work well with the preseasoned microwave popcorn. Prep time assumes you have started with already popped popcorn.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 ounces)
- 6 cups freshly popped unseasoned popcorn
- 1 cup shelled peanuts (salted or unsalted, your choice)
- Heat honey and butter in a small saucepan over fairly low heat until blended, stirring.
- Remove from heat and let cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F and line a jelly roll pan or two smaller rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl, combine popped popcorn and nuts, then pour syrup over and combine so everything is evenly covered with syrup.
- Spread in one layer into prepared pan (s) and bake about 10 minutes, sitrring after the first 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans.
- Variation: Use any type of nuts you prefer.
Yep, we'll be making this one again! Easy and almost impossible to stop eating! I added a little more popcorn than the recipe called for (maybe 8 cups) because I wanted the recipe to yield more AND I don't need every single piece of popcorn drenched in the sugar---it was still plenty sweet! Thanks for a fun recipe!
This is sooo good! We had an afternoon of video watching and I made this for the family, It was fun popping the corn in the 'old' way and not using the microwave this time. I had some unsalted cashew nuts and used them in place of the peanuts. Very tasty and gobbled up before the end of the first scene!
This is such a delicious and EASY popcorn recipe! My girlfriends I had over last night loved it! I used 2 bags of "natural" flavored (cheap, off-brand) microwave popcorn and salted peanuts. Here is a suggestion: Use a collander with wider holes to filter out the unpopped kernals.