Recipe by HeatherFeather
One of my dearest friends shared her mother's recipe with me for this tasty, lightly honey flavored popcorn. It is very easy and makes for a nice snack, especially enjoyed by children. Please only use freshly popped unseasoned popcorn - this really doesn't work well with the preseasoned microwave popcorn. Prep time assumes you have started with already popped popcorn.
Top Review by CJane
Yep, we'll be making this one again! Easy and almost impossible to stop eating! I added a little more popcorn than the recipe called for (maybe 8 cups) because I wanted the recipe to yield more AND I don't need every single piece of popcorn drenched in the sugar---it was still plenty sweet! Thanks for a fun recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter (4 ounces)
- 6 cups freshly popped unseasoned popcorn
- 1 cup shelled peanuts (salted or unsalted, your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat honey and butter in a small saucepan over fairly low heat until blended, stirring.
- Remove from heat and let cool down a bit.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F and line a jelly roll pan or two smaller rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl, combine popped popcorn and nuts, then pour syrup over and combine so everything is evenly covered with syrup.
- Spread in one layer into prepared pan (s) and bake about 10 minutes, sitrring after the first 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans.
- Variation: Use any type of nuts you prefer.