Prep 10 mins
Cook 19 mins
These light tasting muffins freeze very well, and can can be varied according to you and your family's taste. It's made in one bowl, so it's easy and convenient.
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal (not flakes or buds)
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk (don't use non fat milk)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let sit for a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Place paper muffin cups in a muffin tin, and fill with mixture.
- Bake for 19 minutes.
- Let cool. Enjoy.
- Instead of chocolate chips and raisins, you may use fresh blueberries or raisins or chocolate chips.
These are delicious muffins! Chocolate chips AND raisins - what a great idea! Sweet and moist with great flavor and I got 12 good-sized muffins out of the batch. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011
Made as given in the recipe & loved the chip & raisin combo, which, I thought, made a world of difference for bran muffins! We have a jar of sweet potato butter in the fridge, & spreading a little on these muffins was most enjoyable! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]