Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mother was given this recipe back in 1967 from a good friend of hers (Mrs. Mountain). This is a greek recipe that was passed down from her mother. A very tasty recipe made even better by pouring some of the sauce over mashed potatoes!!!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 -2 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 large onions, sliced medium
- 4 lemons, sliced medium about
- 6 -8 pork chops
- Bring all ingredients except pork chops to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Simmer on low for 1/2 hour.
- Place pork chops in large baking pan.
- Place one or two slices of onion on each chop and top off with lemon slice.
- Pour sauce over top of chops.
- Cover with foil wrap.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
I made this as instructed and we all thought it came out pretty good. The sweet and sour flavor was nice and because the pork cooks for so long it literally fell off the bone. Good recipe!