1/1 Photo of Mrs Mm's .potato and Bean Bhaji
Brian Holley's Note:
The sliced beans and potatoes braised in a spice mix make a wonderful side dish to accompany a meat curry. Here is a simple to prepare recipe well worth 5 stars. Although the recipe calls for French beans, I have used runners. Still good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 dried red chilies, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 8 ounces French beans, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1Use a non stick pan with a well fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. When hot add the mustard seeds, when they start to pop add the cumin seeds, onions, red chillies, and fenugreek seeds. Fry for 4 minutes.
- 2Add the coriander leaves and the turmeric, stir and fry for 1 minute.
- 3Add the beans, potatoes and salt, stir to mix all the ingredients together.
- 4Cover the pan and reduce the heat to minimum and cook for 20 mins, stir from time to time to prevent sticking and burning.
- 5Stir in the ground cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Serve with boiled rice and a dish of Tarka Dhal to accompany any good meat curry.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs Mm's .potato and Bean Bhaji
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.0
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g