Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
I'm not a fan of fudge, but this recipe is special. It's very smooth, delicious and easy to prepare. I talked a dear friend into giving it to me years ago...it was her signature recipe. Enjoy!!
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large hershey's milk chocolate candy bar (4.4 oz)
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 7 ounces marshmallow whip
- 2 -3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter a 9 x 13 glass pan. Set aside.
- Boil Sugar, Milk, Butter and Salt in a medium pan over medium heat 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- In a large glass or metal bowl, break up Hershey bar. Add chocolate chips and marshmallow whip.
- Pour bowling sugar mixture into the bowl and mix until the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in chopped nuts and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the 9 x 13 glass pan. Let cool.
- Invert cooled mixture onto waxed paper and cut into squares.
Definitely is worth making this fudge ~ Easy & delicious! I made it to add to the finger food counter for a group I host each month, & thought I'd have a bit of it left over for just the 2 of us right here at home! No such luck! It was ALL GONE before the evening was over, & several even asked for the recipe! Many thanks for sharing it with us! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
This is the quintessential chocolate fudge. The balance of chocolate and sweetness is perfect and the consistency is smooth and creamy every time! Preparation is easy and fool-proof. Highly recommend this recipe