Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy, easy, frosted pumpkin cookies. Famous on the eastside of the Sierra :) Derived from a Betty Crocker Cookbook, but not in current ones.
- 15 ounces pumpkin (small can)
- 3⁄4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups self rising flour (or use 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and soda, 1/8 t salt)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter (This and following ingredients are in the frosting)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Cream together pumpkin, butter, and sugar. Add flour and spices. Dough will be thick. Drop by teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 11 minutes at 375 degrees.Remove and cool, then glaze.
- FROSTING: Melt butter, remove from heat (or keep on really low). Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. It won't all mix in, but then add enough milk to make a frosting/glaze. Casually frost cooled cookies.
Yes, I am the husband, but these are the best. My students ask for them all the time. I'm not really a cookie lover, but warm out of the oven (before frosting for me!) with a glass of milk is hard to beat.