Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe belongs to Mrs. Saralu C. Jenkins, the home ec teacher at Clarkston H.S., in Clarkston, Georgia. I found this recipe in a 1966 cookbook entitled: Our Favorite Meats: Favorites From Home Economics Teachers". This is posted as part of our vintage-cookbook thread!
- 453.59 g ham steak, 1 inch thick
- 59.14 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place ham steak in a shallow baking dish or pan, then spread the peanut butter evenly over the meat.
- Mix remaining 3 ingredients together until well blended, then spread over peanut butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Interesting taste to this! I would never have thought of spreading peanut butter on ham, but hey...I liked the glaze of brown sugar, etc, very much. Anyway, I tried this as it sounded interesring and easy, and I had all the ingredients on hand. A unique way to bake ham! :)
ok, but that's about it.
This was quite different for a way to serve ham. It's not too bad, but I have to say I probably won't make this again, or if I do I may make some adjustments on it. Maybe mix it all the ingredients together and cut down on the amount of peanut butter. It just seemed like the peanut butter was too thick in places.