Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from the owner of a Bed and Breakfast in waterford Ireland.I begged for this recipe after she made it for us when we were guests there.It is delicious!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- butter (for frying)
- boil potatoes and mash with fork.
- Combine the oats, salt, and butter until you get a dough like consistency.
- Roll dough to 1 inch thickness and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Melt more butter in the pan and fry until golden brown.
- (Real butter works best).
Thank you for sharing this recipe! It was very good. We had to add an egg in order to keep the cakes from falling apart in the skillet.