Recipe by picky-picky
My cooking teacher gave us a hand-out and this is one of the recipes on it. This is delicious and I don't even like lemon! This a quick bread.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cream together sugar and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and eggs; beat well.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture ALTERNATELY with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.