Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Paula Deen's Home Cooking show on Food TV.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce, chilled
- Leave cream cheese out a room temperature for about an hour to soften it.
- Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise until creamy and spreadable.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Slice cranberry sauce into an even number of 1/4-inch rounds.
- You should be able to get about 10 rounds.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on 1 round and place another round on top, sandwich style.
- Cut each round in half like a sandwich and place in shallow container, covered.
- Store in refrigerator until time to serve.
Simple but delicious! Thanks for posting.
I made this last year after seeing it on the Food Network. This year, I chopped the pecans a little more finely before mixing it in the cheese mixture. I liked that flavor a little more than the big chunks of pecans. My husband asked me to do that again next year for Thanksgiving.
I have made this every Thanksgiving ever since I saw it on Paula Deen's show. It is always a big hit, even the kids ate them. It is also good on a leftover turkey sandwich. So simple to make you can't go wrong with this one.