Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
NOTE...I MADE A MISTAKE WHEN TRANSCRIBING THIS RECIPE! I NEED TO FIX! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THIS UNTIL I FIX AND THIS NOTE IS GONE! SORRY...This is soooo yummy....I can't remember where I got the recipe, but I think from Gourmet...it's one of the 3 pies I make every year for the holidays...it's easy and gets rave reviews every year!! Enjoy!
- 1 pre-cooked pie shell
- 3⁄4 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin (NOT pumpkin PIE filling)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups pecans, chopped if desired
- Pumpkin Pie filling:.
- Whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, sour cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of salt in a bowl until smooth.
- Make pecan layer:.
- Stir together corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, zest, lemon juice and salt in a bowl, then stir in pecans (either whole or chopped).
- Assemble and Bake pie:.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly in shell, then carefully spoon pecan mixture over it.
- Bake pie until crust is golden and filling is puffed, about 35 minutes. (The center will still be slightly wobbly; filling will set as it cools.).
- Cool completely on rack.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Note: Pie can be baked 4 hours ahead and kept, uncovered, at cool room temperature. Pie can also be baked 1 day ahead and chilled, loosely covered with plastic wrap. Reheat in a preheated 350 degree oven until crust is crisp, about 15 minutes.