1/3 Photos of Mrs. G's Garlic Cilantro Pine Nut Hummus
Mrs Goodall's Note:
I made up this recipe from another hummus recipe. I really make it to taste, and it seems to be a little different each time...so add or delete as you see fit! I like a lot of garlic I've gone as high as 15 cloves, but I think 10 is probably the right amount. Sometimes this comes out thicker than I'd like (sometimes not)...if so, I add a bit more water and/or olive oil. If you don't like cilantro, you could use parsley. I love this as a dip, or with pita or naan and tomatoes and cucumbers!! Served this one as an appetizer at my wedding! YUM!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzos are the same thing)
- 2/3 cup tahini, well stirred
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 bunches cilantro, stems cut off (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin (or to taste)
- 1On a cutting board mince and mash the garlic to a paste with the salt.
- 2In a food processor puree the chick-peas with the garlic paste, the tahini, the lemon juice, the oil and water, scraping down the sides, until the hummus is smooth. Add water/oil, if necessary, to thin the hummus to the desired consistency.
- 3Add salt to taste.
- 4Add cumin and blend, taste and adjust if necessary.
- 5Add cilantro and process until chopped into mixture.
- 6Add toasted pine nuts and process until blended -- or you can just add them on top, whole, as garnish.
- 7Transfer the hummus to a bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. G's Garlic Cilantro Pine Nut Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (1403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.0
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1863.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 19.9 g