Recipe by ~kdp
posted by request...recipe is from my neighbor, I think she got it from one of her daughters. Good way to use up extra squash from your garden, goes great with "beans 'n taters".
- 8 cups yellow squash, grated
- 3 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons canning salt
- 2 cups distilled vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 hot pepper, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and boil for 30 minutes.
- Mixture shouldn't be "soupy", but of relish consistency.
- (You may have to boil 15 minutes longer.).
- Pack in sterilized jars, wipe rims of jars clean, cap with 2 piece lid assembly and process in hot water bath for 5 minutes.