Recipe by Jellyqueen
This recipe came from a local church fund raising cook book. Mrs. Geraldine is a good friend of the family. She reminds me so much of Mrs. Clause, that I can't help but smile every time I think of her. This recipe freezes well. Do not bake before freezing. Just put it together, freeze it, thaw it and cook.
Top Review by A Ramsey Donkey
What a great recipe! Our tweaks: 1T sugar instead of 2T, 3T worcestershire instead of 2T, and we added 1/2t of granulated garlic and some crushed red pepper. That Mrs. Geraldine is one fine neighbor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked, this is an estimated size bag- the original recipe called for 1 small bag
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Add onions, pepper and celery and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, mushrooms, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in skillet for 1 hour.
- Place cooked pasta in bottom of large casserole dish.
- Spoon mushroom soup over pasta.
- Pour sauce over the soup and top with cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Can sizes do not have to be exact, just as long as they are within a close range, everything will work out.