1/15 Photos of Mrs. Geraldine's Ground Beef Casserole
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe came from a local church fund raising cook book. Mrs. Geraldine is a good friend of the family. She reminds me so much of Mrs. Clause, that I can't help but smile every time I think of her. This recipe freezes well. Do not bake before freezing. Just put it together, freeze it, thaw it and cook.
My Private Note
large c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked, this is an estimated size bag- the original recipe called for 1 small bag
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1Brown meat in large skillet or Dutch oven.
- 2Add onions, pepper and celery and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, mushrooms, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook in skillet for 1 hour.
- 6Place cooked pasta in bottom of large casserole dish.
- 7Spoon mushroom soup over pasta.
- 8Pour sauce over the soup and top with cheese.
- 9Bake in 350°F oven for 30-45 minutes.
- 10Can sizes do not have to be exact, just as long as they are within a close range, everything will work out.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Geraldine's Ground Beef Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.5
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 791.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 25.7 g