Recipe by halfrican808
Didn't know about Zucchini bread until a friend showed it to me. Now I can't get enough of it!
Top Review by Outta Here
I cut the recipe in half to make 1 loaf, and cut the sugar for one loaf to 2/3 cup and didn't peel the zuke. Very good bread. Loved the spices in this. Not bland like some I have tried. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef Game.
- 473.18 ml zucchini, peeled, grated
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ginger
- 4.92 ml clove powder
- 709.77 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease two bread pans well; sprinkle bottom with one tablespoon of sugar each (you might not even need that much sugar, just enough to get a light dusting.
- Peel and grate Zucchini.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and zucchini until well blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, and clove powder.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture until well blended.
- Pour half of batter into each prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
- For maximum moistness, wrap in plastic wrap and put in airtight freezer bags; freeze.
- Thaw completely before serving.