Recipe by HocoRuco
I got this recipe out of a really old Mrs. Field's Cookie Cookbook. These are by far my most requested cookie and are really quite easy to make. I couldn't find an exact match on Zaar so I decided to put my own recipe up here. I love them an I hope you do too. I can't even kind of remember how many cookies this makes so I might be way off.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fruit jam (I've used raspberry, strawberry, apricot and mango. Any kind works as long as it's relatively smooth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and baking powder. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium until smooth. Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed until thoroughly combined. Dough will be firm.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough, roll into 1-inch-diameter balls and place on ungreased baking sheets, 1 inch apart. With the small end of a melon baler, scoop out the center of the dough balls. Do not scoop all the way through the cookie. (I've found that a melon baller doesn't give as generous of a jam cup as I would like so I tend to form larger shallower holes in my cookies by hand) Place ½ teaspoons of jam in the center of each dough ball. Place scooped-out dough back into mixing bowl to use to form more cookies.
- Bake 22-24 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to a cool, flat surface.