Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Posted by request, from the "Mrs. Fields Best Cookie Book Ever" cookbook.
- 170.09 g unsweetened baking chocolate
- 236.59 ml salted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°F and grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a medium saucepan and melt over medium low heat, stirring constantly until pieces are almost melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat eggs until light yellow in color--about 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and blend on low until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla and melted chocolate to the egg sugar mixture.
- Blend on low until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Smooth surface with a spatula, and sprinkle uniformly with chocolate chips.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 45-55 minutes.
- The batter should be set and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Cut and serve chilled.
YUM! Used no nuts and subbed 3 TBSP cocoa with 1 TBSP oil for each oz of bittersweet chocolate. Very fudgey and rich!
This is a full proof recipe. I didn't have enough sugar or choc chips and so instead put 1cp of white sugar and 1 cp of brown sugar and sprinkled with nuts and it came out fantastic. It can be eaten warm or cold! I brought it to a funeral wake and people were talking about the brownies more than the funeral!
Very good brownies. Not my favorite but everyone else loved them. Thanks!