Top Review by 10cups
these taste really good. the only changes i made were cutting back the sugars to 3/4 cup, cutting back the chocolate chips to 5oz, and the chocolate bar shaving were dark chocolate. i added some walnuts and pecans-not much. and, i dont know if my oven sucks or what but the cookies just were no way done in 6 minutes.I had to bake mine for 8.5 minutes and then i browned the top by turning the brolier on for about 1.5 minutes. anyways, i love them. next time i will figure out a way to make them even less sweet than i did, they are just a tad too sweet for me but very addicting.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces Plain Hershey Bar, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (6 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla - mix well.
- Take 1 1/4 cups oatmeal - put small amounts in blender and blend until it turns to powder - set aside.
- Grate Hershey bar - set aside. Combine oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add this to butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add chips and grated chocolate.
- Shape dough into golfball sized cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 mins. at 375.