- Cream butter and both sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla - mix well.
- Take 1 1/4 cups oatmeal - put small amounts in blender and blend until it turns to powder - set aside.
- Grate Hershey bar - set aside. Combine oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add this to butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add chips and grated chocolate.
- Shape dough into golfball sized cookies.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 6 mins. at 375.
these taste really good. the only changes i made were cutting back the sugars to 3/4 cup, cutting back the chocolate chips to 5oz, and the chocolate bar shaving were dark chocolate. i added some walnuts and pecans-not much. and, i dont know if my oven sucks or what but the cookies just were no way done in 6 minutes.I had to bake mine for 8.5 minutes and then i browned the top by turning the brolier on for about 1.5 minutes. anyways, i love them. next time i will figure out a way to make them even less sweet than i did, they are just a tad too sweet for me but very addicting.
I just made this cookies and they are delicious. I followed the recipe except I didn't add the grated chocolate. Too much work and another dish to clean was my thinking and they turned out just great. I did add some craisins. Yummy! The blended oatmeal makes this cookies kid friendly.
My 9 year old son had a blast making these with me... then eating them, they were easy and I actually had everything in my cabinet to make them... except I did not have a chocolate bar or chocolate chips so I used 1 cup of Sams Club Indulgence Trail Mix, it has almonds, cashews, peanuts, raisins, cranberries, choc chips, white choc chips, peanut butter chips.... and oh my goodness, it was like a sweet health bar cookie... next time I am going to have melted chocolate to drizzle over the top... like a breakfast bar :-)