Recipe by Sparkle 1874
I've been searching for a good Oatmeal Cookie recipe for a while but the ones I came across always had some ingredient that I was allergic to. I got this recipe from one of my students when I gave them a gag homework assignment. They were to find me an oatmeal cookie recipe that doesn't have nuts or shortening as I am allergic to both. Who knew that it would be one of the few assignment they completed that week (smile). I got many entries but, if I was grading this assignment, this child would definetly get an A+ but, how could you loose with a recipe from Mrs. Fields? This recipe makes a lot of cookies.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups salted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 cups oatmeal (not the instant type)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugars, butter and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; combine until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Add raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, if desired. They are great on their own.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! You definetly want them chewy.