Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in the newspaper.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 5 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate (chopped or pieces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After measuring oats, place in blender and process until they turn to powder.
- Also, place coconut in a blender and process until fine.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal and coconut.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Add nuts and white chocolate. Stir.
- Make golf ball size cookies and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
These cookies are wonderful. If you find them to flat add about a half cup of flour and coconut and that should do it. My mother is a fantastic baker and she always adds a 1/2 cup flour to her cookie recipes. If never fails Mom is always right it makes the difference from a flat cookie to a better cookie.
Excellent cookie! I baked mine for 13 minutes and that is DS snitching his third cookie in an hour! So you could say we love 'em!! The only thing that I would change here is to match the order of the ingredients with the order they occur in the directions. Thanks hapynana for sharing. Made for Aus/NZ August Recipe Swap.
Thick or thin who cares! It's the taste that counts and how many you can pop in your mouth :) We loved them and they will be a new favorite on our cookie trays this holiday season! Thanks for sharing!