Recipe by happynana
I found this in the newspaper.
Top Review by Aunt Foo foo
These cookies are wonderful. If you find them to flat add about a half cup of flour and coconut and that should do it. My mother is a fantastic baker and she always adds a 1/2 cup flour to her cookie recipes. If never fails Mom is always right it makes the difference from a flat cookie to a better cookie.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 5 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate (chopped or pieces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- After measuring oats, place in blender and process until they turn to powder.
- Also, place coconut in a blender and process until fine.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, oatmeal and coconut.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Add nuts and white chocolate. Stir.
- Make golf ball size cookies and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes.