Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 300* f.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars well with an electric mixer set at med speed.
- Add the butter and cream cheese, and mix to form a smooth paste. Add the egg and lemon extract, and beat at medium speed until light and soft. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour mixture and nuts.
- Blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 23-25 min.
- Immediately transfer to a cool flat surface.
I copied this recipe out of her book many years ago and absolutely love them! If I can't find macadamia nuts I will use raw pine nuts. Yummy!
This recipe is an inaccurate representation of Mrs.Field's recipe. There should be TWO teaspoons of lemon extract. Without the second teaspoon, it lacks the lemon flavour that makes them LEMON macadamia cookies.