- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts, unsalted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300* f.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl blend sugars well with an electric mixer set at med speed.
- Add the butter and cream cheese, and mix to form a smooth paste. Add the egg and lemon extract, and beat at medium speed until light and soft. Scrape down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour mixture and nuts.
- Blend at low speed just until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake 23-25 min.
- Immediately transfer to a cool flat surface.