1/1 Photo of Mrs. Fields Coconut Mud Bars
Sue Lau's Note:
These are decadent! A little bit of trouble to make, but they are worth every bite. Very chocolaty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened and cut into small pieces
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 ounces flaked coconut (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly butter a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- 3To make the bottom layer, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, pinch salt and the brown sugar.
- 4Use a pastry blender to add the 1/2 cup of butter (in small pieces), until the mixture is crumbly and coarse.
- 5Press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- 6Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes, then place pan on rack to cool.
- 7Leave oven on.
- 8Next prepare the chocolate ganache.
- 9After the chopped chocolate is placed in a medium bowl, bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- 10Pour the cream over the ganache, and wait 5 minutes before stirring.
- 11The ganache will be smooth when ready to refrigerate and set (15 minutes in the refrigerator).
- 12To prepare the topping, cream the remaining butter in a bowl.
- 13Add the granulated sugar, and extracts.
- 14Beat until blended, then beat in the eggs; then stir in coconut and nuts.
- 15Drop the topping by spoonfuls evenly over the ganache and spread with a spatula or a knife.
- 16Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- 17Set pan on rack to cool before cutting into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Fields Coconut Mud Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 37.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g