Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe from the "Mrs. Fields Cookie Book", though its not a cookie recipe. It's sort of a mash-up between chocolate cake and white chocolate cheesecake. It takes some time to get it finished, but oh, is it ever so worth it!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 14 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 large egg
- 1 lb white chocolate
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- To make the Cake: Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Grease and flour an 8- or 9- inchspringform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In large bowl combine sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste.
- In small bowl combine cocoa powder and boiling water, and stir until smooth.
- Add cocoa mixture, eggs and vanilla to butter and sugar;
- blend well to form a smooth batter.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk to the batter.
- Blend at low speed just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Leaving the cake in the pan, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate to make slicing easier.
- To prepare the filling: In medium bowl with an electric mixer and clean.
- beaters, beat the sugar and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- Next melt white chocolate in a double boiler.
- While chocolate is melting,in a small metal bowl sprinkle gelatin over the cold water.
- Let gelatin.bloom for 5 minutes, then dissolve it over a double boiler until clear and smooth.
- Gradually add dissolved gelatin to the cream cheese-sugar mixture, beating.
- continuously at medium speed until smooth. (If you beat it too fast, the.
- gelatin will stick to the sides of the bowl.)
- Add whipped cream to the mixture and blend until smooth.
- With a rubber spatula, fold the white chocolate and vanilla into the cake batter thoroughly.
- To assemble cake and filling: Remove sides of springform pan. Cut cake into 2 layers and set the top layer aside.
- Replace sides of the springform pan,leaving bottom layer of cake in pan. Pour filling over bottom cake layer.
- Carefully place the other cake layer on top of the filling.
- Refrigerate for several hours. When filling is firm, remove sides of pan and place the cake on a platter. Coat the sides of the cake with Macadamia nuts. Dust the top if desired, add rosettes of whipped cream, chocolate shavings and more Macadamia nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.