1/1 Photo of Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies - My Way
There are several versions of this wonderful recipe floating around. This is my particular take on it, posted here for safekeeping. I will give the "standard" ingredients first and will then give the alternate (healthier) ingredients that I personally use. I am guesstimating the number of cookies this yields. I am updating this recipe on 12/22/12 to make a gluten-free version that I tried out and liked. The two changes are using brown rice flour instead of regular flour and doubling the amount of egg (brown rice flour tends to produce a crumbly product but extra egg offsets this).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml unsweetened butter, softened
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml flour
- 591.47 ml oatmeal (not instant)
- 2.46 ml salt (optional if using salted butter, or reduce amount of salt)
- 4.92 ml baking powder (a pinch more to make them softer)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 340.19 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml chopped nuts (any kind)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla well.
- 3Pulverize the oatmeal in a blender a little at a time.
- 4Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 5Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- 6Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- 7With your fingers, place golf-ball-sized dough portions, 2" inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 8-9 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 9My "healthier" substitutions:.
- 10For the 2 cups of flour, I use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry or organic oat flour PLUS 1/2 cup soy flour.
- 11For the sugar, I substitute fructose.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Field's Chocolate Chip Cookies - My Way
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.3
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 43.0 mg
- Sodium 299.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 5.8 g