Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is out of the "Top Secret Recipes" book, by Todd Wilbur. These cookies are amazing! Tastes just like the real thing.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs, & vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, & baking soda.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With your fingers, place golf-ball-size dough portions 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 min, or until edges are light brown.
- DO NOT EXCEED THE COOKING TIME.
- The finished product should be soft in the middle & crunchy on the edges.
- For variations of this cookie, substitute milk chocolate & add chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts.
- You can use margarine, although the cookies have a richer taste when made with real butter.
This recipe shouldn't be called Mrs. Fields if you are going to change it. The baking powder in this recipe that the actual Mrs. Fields recipe doesn't call for makes the cookies too fluffy. 'Fluffy' is not a word that should be used to describe cookies. Omit the baking powder and just bake at 300F like her other cookie recipes.