Prep 0 mins
Cook 22 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl using whisk; set aside.
- Mix sugars in bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add butter; beat until grainy paste forms.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips.
- Beat on low speed just until mixed.
- Do not over mix.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, 2-inches apart. Bake for 22 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack.
dough is too thin, the cookies melted together and they came out really thin. Flavor was ok.
I submitted the recipe changes. I am giving it 3 stars because with the flour and temperature corrections it makes GREAT cookies. (Without the changes it makes a mess.)
worst cookie recipe ever. The dough was almost liquid, and the first batch was a puddle, even after adding 1/2 cup of flour. Don't use this recipe.