Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This makes a large batch of cookies good for either a crowd, to freeze into ready-to-cook balls, or just half them. Use egg sub or just 2 small eggs. They also make great ice cream sandwiches!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups loosely chopped pecans
- Add all ingredients one at a time.
- Beat after each ingredient.
- Dough will be fairly dry with all flour, before adding all flour, you might want to make a "test cookie" to adjust for altitude and make sure they will spread out.
- Use small ice cream scoop to spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350° 7-10 minutes do not over cook!
I made these this weekend. Super pleased with the results. So much so I had to tell my diet to take several seats while I ate them to my hearts content. lol!
I added a little twist with changing the nuts to Hazelnuts as they are my favorite combination with chocolate! A batch was made with out nuts... Yum Yum is all I can say. Awesome recipe.
I found out that my mom had this exact same recipe in her old recipe files. We've been making this recipe forever and they are always delicious!