1/1 Photo of Mrs. Fast Pickles
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
A delicious sweet pickle, this recipe comes from my mom who got it from a dear old friend of hers from church. The original recipe doesn't seem to have had a title because we've always just called them 'Mrs. Fast Pickles.' Mrs. Fast passed away this last year, but she will be lovingly remembered by my mother, who saw her as a surrogate grandmother, and by myself, who also sort of 'adopted' her as a grandmother. (Cooking time includes standing time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Brine: Mix all ingredients in large pot and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- 2For pickles: Slice cukes into a large mixing bowl to make 7 quarts.
- 3Pour scant cup of pickling salt over cukes and cover with boiling water.
- 4Let stand for 2 hours and drain well.
- 5Put cucumbers into sealing jars, cover with brine, add some fresh dill, seal, and place in canner.
- 6Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Let stand for 20 minutes before removing jars.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Fast Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (10906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1430.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20233.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 358.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 349.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: