1/1 Photo of Mrs. Fast Pickles
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Swan Valley Tammi's Note:
A delicious sweet pickle, this recipe comes from my mom who got it from a dear old friend of hers from church. The original recipe doesn't seem to have had a title because we've always just called them 'Mrs. Fast Pickles.' Mrs. Fast passed away this last year, but she will be lovingly remembered by my mother, who saw her as a surrogate grandmother, and by myself, who also sort of 'adopted' her as a grandmother. (Cooking time includes standing time)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Brine: Mix all ingredients in large pot and bring to a boil. Set aside.
- 2For pickles: Slice cukes into a large mixing bowl to make 7 quarts.
- 3Pour scant cup of pickling salt over cukes and cover with boiling water.
- 4Let stand for 2 hours and drain well.
- 5Put cucumbers into sealing jars, cover with brine, add some fresh dill, seal, and place in canner.
- 6Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Let stand for 20 minutes before removing jars.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Fast Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (10906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1430.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20233.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 358.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 349.6 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: