Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from the newsgroup alt.food.vegan. Mr Falafel posts the most amazing recipes and the best of all originate with his wife. I'm posting this one on Zaar because I want to try it for myself and I don't want to lose the recipe. This WILL be made in the future. Use it as pate, or as part of a filling in a tortilla...It is one of those very adaptable recipes.
- 1 (14 ounce) can haricot beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- Throw all the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Add a little water if it is too lumpy.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.