Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A vegan recipe from the newsgroup alt.food.vegan. I would love to visit the Falafel household as all of the best vegan recipes come from there.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups silken tofu
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g chocolate, non dairy eg green &,blacks,chopped up
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine the flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Combine the margarine, sugar and oil in a food processor and process 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the tofu and process 2 more minutes.
- Add the cocoa powder and vanilla and process until mixed.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time, processing after each addition.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a lightly oiled, large baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
This was really good, except that I really recommend increasing the chocolate. Instead of 100g, use the entire chocolate bar, or use chocolate chips. Without enough chocolate, it sort of tastes like a breakfast bar, almost like banana bread without the banana. We ended up cooking them 30-35 minutes, because they were still soggy in the middle. I think they were good enough to make again, though.