Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Thirty-three years ago I met Elaine Nelson. Her Mother, Mrs. Evans, would make this cake for her. She would always share with me. I make it to share with everyone too. It is a gift of love, as is Elaine and her dear Mother, Virginia.
- 709.77 ml flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 236.59 ml oil
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml orange juice or 118.29 ml milk
- 12.32 ml vanilla
- 3 large apples, sliced
- 118.29 ml sugar
- cinnamon (enough cinnamon to make a dark mixture)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Make a hole in the center and add eggs, juice, oil and vanilla.
- Put half of batter in 10-inch greased and sugared tube pan.
- Place half the apple slices around the pan.
- Sprinkle heavily with sugar and cinnamon, mixed.
- Place rest of batter, then rest of apples in pan.
- Sprinkle heavily again with sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
This is really tasty, I've had this printed off for awhile and since I bought a BIG bag of apples on sale a few days ago, I thought it a perfect recipe to make. Apples I used were Braeburn. Thanks for posting. =)
WOW! Its lovely, so tasty! Thank you for sharing it!!!
Very easy to make,good flavor and texture.