Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Thirty-three years ago I met Elaine Nelson. Her Mother, Mrs. Evans, would make this cake for her. She would always share with me. I make it to share with everyone too. It is a gift of love, as is Elaine and her dear Mother, Virginia.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large apples, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- cinnamon (enough cinnamon to make a dark mixture)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Make a hole in the center and add eggs, juice, oil and vanilla.
- Put half of batter in 10-inch greased and sugared tube pan.
- Place half the apple slices around the pan.
- Sprinkle heavily with sugar and cinnamon, mixed.
- Place rest of batter, then rest of apples in pan.
- Sprinkle heavily again with sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 hours.
This is really tasty, I've had this printed off for awhile and since I bought a BIG bag of apples on sale a few days ago, I thought it a perfect recipe to make. Apples I used were Braeburn. Thanks for posting. =)
WOW! Its lovely, so tasty! Thank you for sharing it!!!
Very easy to make,good flavor and texture.