Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mrs. Eddy was the wife of our parish priest back when my mom was a young mother. According to mom, Mrs. Eddy was a great cook. Taught the ladies of the church that the only way to make macaroni or potato salad for a crowd was to "mix it up, mayo and all, with your hands." You know what? She was right on. This recipe is too delicious not to be tried. After all, it came from Mrs. Eddy!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oleo
- 3 -4 apples, peeled and cut in 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, small
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, butter or oleo, and egg.
- Add apples and mix well.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add to apple mixture.
- Turn into greased 11x7 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Nice dessert. DH really liked this treat. I liked because it didn't have a lot of butter but I would increase the cinnamon next time. Mine baked in 40 minutes. After 30 minutes, I lightly covered with foil to top would not burn. For step 1 I used a handmixer. I used 4 apples. Made for PAC 2009.