Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I just got this recipe from the Mrs Dash site - I have not made them but I love the sound of them Imagine eating a snack that is good for you.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets about the size of popcorn
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash table blend seasoning
- Pre heat oven to 450F Toss the florets in a plastic bag or bowl with the olive oil& Mrs Dash Table Blend.
- Spread florets on a cookie sheet and roast for apprx 45 to 60 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Flip them 3 or 4 times while roasting- the longer they are in the oven the sweeter they get!
The word "popcorn" in the recipe title was a little confusing. That makes it sound like the end result is dry. That's definitely not the case. This recipe for roasted cauliflower yields a sweet, crunchy on the outside, yet tender on the inside veggie side dish that I really enjoyed. The Mrs. Dash seasoning has a nice kick to it. I had a large head of cauliflower, and it served 4 people. A very good recipe, thanks!
These turned out nice and tender with a little crunch to them. Very yummy and easy to eat! So easy, I ate about 1/2 of the whole thing!! It does cook down quite a bit, so it wasn't THAT much:) I roasted them for just a bit over an hour till they were browned. Also, I added a shake or two of cayenne to give it a kick. I don't know if I'd munch on them like popcorn but it makes a fantastic side dish. Thanks for another 'keeper' Bergy!
I LOVE this recipe! I have made it several times, with several differnt Mrs Dash Blends! The Spicy blend gives it a great KICK! Thanks so much for posting a healthy recipe I use often