Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This stuffing recipe used to be on the Mrs. Cubbison's stuffing box before "low fat" became the norm. We still like it this way with all the added veggies.
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add celery, onion, and mushrooms.
- Simmer about 5 minutes to slightly soften vegetables.
- Toss in dressing mix to spread butter evenly.
- Stir in liquid and toss.
- Place in a greased casserold dish, cover, and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover the last 15 minutes for a crisper top.
- NOTE: The new packages of dressing have only 10 ounces per box, but the recipe still works as well.
This is the stuffing I've always made, minus the mushrooms, but I think I'll add them next time. Sounds good. This makes the best stuffing ever, in my opinion.