Recipe by daisyb6107
found in weekly community newsletter; Family pleaser!! Great with warm buttered italian bread.
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 large green peppers
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and peppers in oil.
- Add garlic and say for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth and hot pepper flakes. Simmer ,uncovered ,1 hour.
- Add rice and chicken. Simmer, covered, until rice is tender about 20 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is thoroughly incorporated into the soup.