Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend and I taught a cooking class years ago, and this is a recipe we adapted for our class! It's such a great recipe...my absolute favorite for fried rice!! You can easily add chicken, pork, shrimp or whatever and make it a main course!
- 473.18 ml uncooked calrose rice
- 6 slice bacon, chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 0-1 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- soy sauce, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam or cook rice according to package directions. Cool.
- Fry bacon in large fry pan or wok until crisp.
- Move bacon to side of pan (or remove) and add eggs to pan and scramble.
- Add all vegetables to pan, and stir fry with bacon and eggs until crisp-tender.
- Add rice to pan and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Very easy to make, & wonderfully tasty, too ~ A real winner, & that surprised me since I don't usually care for cabbage unless it's raw! However, I was very careful here & made sure that the cabbage was still a bit crisp when the rice was ready to serve! Couldn't have been better! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Family Picks during ZWT6]
Excellent fried rice. I took a shortcut and used precooked bacon which I chopped then made just crispy then followed directions as given. (Because I used precooked bacon which is much thinner I used twice as much bacon to make up for the flavor which could have been lost by not using the drippings to cook with.) Like Brenda mentioned I also used napa cabbage. This was my first time to ever put cabbage in fried rice. It added a really nice flavor. Thanks Charmie. Made for Family Picks--ZWT #6--2010.
Delicious and so easy ! I had 1/2 head of napa cabbage and was thrilled to be able to use it up in this recipe. I also added 1 cup leftover mixed veggies and a small piece of red pepper leftover from another recipe. The bacon flavor is quite prominent which we loved. Thanks for sharing. Made for the Asian Region of ZWT6.