Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are so cute! This is easy to do and the kids and adults love them. These would be great for your holiday platters.
- 1 (18 ounce) roll refrigerated gingerbread cookie dough
- 1 (12 ounce) containerfluffy whipped ready to spead white frosting
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 4 teaspoons white nonpareils
- Heat oven to 350.
- Work with half of the cookie dough at a time, refrigerate remaining dough.
- Cut dough into 8 (1/2 inch) slices.
- For each cookie,cut off 1/3 of 1 slice.
- Place larger piece of dough lengthwise on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place smaller piece slightly at a diagonal next to larger piece.
- Press dough into 4 inch mitten shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough, placing cookies 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown and set.
- Cool 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheets.
- Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, place 1 cup of the frosting and stir in red icing color until well blended.
- Frost mittens with frosting.
- Place remaining frosting in small resealable food storage bag, seal bag.
- Cut 1/8 inch hole in bottom corner of bag.
- Pipe frosting at bottom of each mitten.
- Sprinkle each with 1/4 teaspoons nonpereils.
- Let stand until frosting is set,about 30 minutes.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.