Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Kathryn Ciminera makes a great potato salad, and all of her daughter's friends seem to have gotten this wonderful recipe from her. It's quick and easy to whip up and really delicious. I sometimes add a few tablespoons of coarse grain dijon mustard. The celery is optional, I never add it. Using anything but real mayo or adding other ingredients will change the taste of this dish....make it as listed and I think you'll like it as much as I do.
- 4 -5 large white potatoes (not Yukon Gold)
- 1 cup hellmans or Best Foods Mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip, no way Jose!)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar or 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine (optional)
- Peel potatoes and boil until they are cooked through.
- While potatoes are boiling, combine all other ingredients, tasting to make sure the dressing is to your liking.
- DO NOT use Miracle Whip or any"dressing"-- only real mayo.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain them well and immediately mix with dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving-- longer is best.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
I LOVE potatoes and I absolutely LOVE this recipe. It was easy to make (I am 11) so anyone can do this without trouble.