Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Much like a small biscotti, my friend's mom makes this cookie every Christmas and is always flooded with requests for the recipe.
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons anisette flavoring
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup canola oil
- 6 cups flour
- Mix sugar, eggs, baking powder and anisette flavoring. Add 1/2 cup of oil and some of the flour.
- When blended, add the other 1/2 cup of oil and more flour. If dough is very sticky, add more flour.
- For six 1" rolls. Bake on a parchment covered baking sheet at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice each roll at an angle with a serrated knife to give you 3/4" thick pieces.
- Return pieces to the baking sheets and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until they cookies are a medium golden brown.
- Sprinkle cooled cookies with confectioners sugar.