Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
Who needs to describe hot chocolate???
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or more)
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- whipped cream
- orange zest
- In a medium sized pot- mix cocoa, salt, and sugar.
- Add milk. Heat to dissolve.
- Add light cream, cinnamon, vanilla. Heat to just under boiling.
- Mix very well and pour into warm mug.
- Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, and fine orange zest.
Delicious. Different from the hot chocolate I'm used to drinking. I skipped the whipped cream and orange zest (ick) and topped with some marshmallows, instead. I also tweaked by using a full teaspoon of vanilla. This is a keeper. Thanks so much for posting!
I just made up one cup of this for me and me alone, to sip and let the day fade. This is really good hot chocolate. Rich and creamy - the dash of salt is an inspired touch - just don't add too much. Perfect for indulging.
Really yummy and simple. I used mint instead of vanilla. This was sweet and rich. Perfect for an evening in front of the fire or after a day out in the snow.