1/2 Photos of Mrs. Burchell's Chicken Chutney Salad
MDM's favorite for ladies' luncheons, judging from the chutney stains. From the Alexandria VA TWIG cookbook, "A Heritage of Good Tastes", submitted by Mrs. Donald Burchell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 13 1/4 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts or 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chutney, chopped (I recommend Major Grey's mango chutney)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Combine mayonnaise, grated lime rind, juice, chutney, curry powder and salt.
- 2Toss chicken, pineapple and green onion together.
- 3Combine chicken mixture with mayonnaise mixture.
- 5Add peanuts and celery just before serving and toss again.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mrs. Burchell's Chicken Chutney Salad
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.4
- Calories from Fat 232
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 612.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 25.5 g