Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
MDM's favorite for ladies' luncheons, judging from the chutney stains. From the Alexandria VA TWIG cookbook, "A Heritage of Good Tastes", submitted by Mrs. Donald Burchell.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 13 1⁄4 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts or 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chutney, chopped (I recommend Major Grey's mango chutney)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine mayonnaise, grated lime rind, juice, chutney, curry powder and salt.
- Toss chicken, pineapple and green onion together.
- Combine chicken mixture with mayonnaise mixture.
- Add peanuts and celery just before serving and toss again.
I love chutney in chicken and turkey salad that has been smoked, so I grilled my chicken and also my pineapple before adding to the salad. This salad has lots of nice texture and a delicious flavor. I enjoyed mine inside some pita bread. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag game.
I liked this unique take on chicken salad. The mango chutney and lime add a really nice Indian flavor, but it's not overpowering. I put this in a wrap with baby arugula and it was enjoyed by all. I'd love to try a vegetarian version... maybe with chickpeas? Just an idea I had while eating it. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]
We really enjoyed this yummy chicken salad. I don't think I've ever had a chicken salad with lime rind &/ or juice in it. It made for a nice change from my usual chicken salad. I used a rotisserie chicken and only about 8 1/2 oz. of pineapple. Also, I used carmelized onion and pepper chutney, and added some fresh ground pepper. I love curry powder in chicken salad so I was very generous with the curry powder, using about 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe.
**Made for ZWT 8 Family Picks**