Recipe by KateL
MDM's favorite for ladies' luncheons, judging from the chutney stains. From the Alexandria VA TWIG cookbook, "A Heritage of Good Tastes", submitted by Mrs. Donald Burchell.
Top Review by breezermom
I love chutney in chicken and turkey salad that has been smoked, so I grilled my chicken and also my pineapple before adding to the salad. This salad has lots of nice texture and a delicious flavor. I enjoyed mine inside some pita bread. Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag game.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 13 1⁄4 ounces pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts or 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chutney, chopped (I recommend Major Grey's mango chutney)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt