Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a yummy homemade mac and cheese recipe from the former associate pastor's wife at the church I attend. There is never any left when she makes it.
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (do not use pre shredded it's not as good)
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook elbow noodles until tender and drain.
- Beat eggs in a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Mix noodles with eggs in baking dish.
- Spread cheese over the top of noodles.
- Blend together with milk - one cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir again.
- Place butter pats on top of noodles and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
This was a very tasty Macaroni & Cheese recipe, though it was too much milk and eggs for the 8oz package of macaroni that I used. I made this again, cutting the milk and eggs in half, and it turned out much butter. I liked the flavor boost the dish got by using extra sharp cheddar cheese. I've always used medium cheddar, but will now make it habit of making my Mac & Cheese with extra sharp cheddar for even more flavor. Thanks lsustacy. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
Made this for a neighbor couple who absolutely love mac & cheese dishes, so when I bake for them I alternate something out of the ordinary with a new version of mac & cheese! They really enjoyed these one in particular because it was almost identical with what she used to make for her family! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees at the tail end of the current Pick A Chef]
This was a easy and tasty macaroni and cheese. It was moist and stayed that way when reheated. There were only two of us eating this so we had several days. The extra sharp cheddar didn't overpower it and my husband ate it and didn't say anything. He usually won't eat sharp cheese. Thanks Isustacy. Bullwinkle