Recipe by lsustacy
This is a yummy homemade mac and cheese recipe from the former associate pastor's wife at the church I attend. There is never any left when she makes it.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was a very tasty Macaroni & Cheese recipe, though it was too much milk and eggs for the 8oz package of macaroni that I used. I made this again, cutting the milk and eggs in half, and it turned out much butter. I liked the flavor boost the dish got by using extra sharp cheddar cheese. I've always used medium cheddar, but will now make it habit of making my Mac & Cheese with extra sharp cheddar for even more flavor. Thanks lsustacy. Made for Spring 2010 Pick-A-Chef.
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (do not use pre shredded it's not as good)
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook elbow noodles until tender and drain.
- Beat eggs in a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Mix noodles with eggs in baking dish.
- Spread cheese over the top of noodles.
- Blend together with milk - one cup at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and stir again.
- Place butter pats on top of noodles and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.