Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had this at the Hope Lodge. Everyone loved it. It's the best Chinese cabbage salad I have ever had. The lady that made it is a great cook and a very smart cookie. Glad you were with us Joyce.
- Cut and chop all vegetables.
- Peel jicama before chopping into small cubes.
- Brown sunflower seeds before adding in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Break up ramen small.
- Mix in large bowl.
- Mix the dressing; pour over the salad and toss.
- Not as good next day--noodles get soggy.
After searching food.com for this type salad ,I settled on this one for the dressing. I altered slightly. NO butter , and left out garlic. I found the flavor better next day even with the noodles softened. You can always add your nuts the next day for crunch.
This was different from my usual Chinese salad. I liked the different tastes and textures. Made a nice lunch. Thanks! Made for the Bargain Basement December special.