Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Off the back of Borg's puff pastry. Have yet to try it.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 750 g lean beef, minced
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten to glaze
- Heat oil in pan, add onions and cook over low heat until soft.
- Add meat to pan, followed by the rest of ingredients (except flour and egg glaze).
- Stir well until beef mince is cooked. Stir in flour for 1 minute Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking till liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from pan and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 220 deg celsius.
- Place pastry sheet into the dish and add cool filling on top.
- Brush pie edge with egg glaze and place the second pastry sheet over, pressing the edges gently to seal them.
- Cut two small slits in the pastry to allow steam to escape during baking.
- Brush top with egg.
- Bake for 15-20 min at a lowered 180 deg or until golden brown.
This turned out well, with a good flavor. I added frozen peas and carrots and diced potatoes - a total of one cup. My sons liked it very much. Thanks for sharing.