Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Mrs. Bond's Fruitcake
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 2⁄3 cups none such mincemeat (28 ounce jar)
- 2 cups mixed candied fruit (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9 inch tube pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour and baking soda.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Fold in flour and baking soda mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until center springs back when touched and top is golden brown.
- Cool for 15 minutes, remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Put an airtight container or wrap well with aluminum foil.